Walking Tour in the Gothic Quartier
We propose you rambling together through the most famous part of the Medieval Barcelona, the Barri Gòtic. Its buildings talk about about the times in which Barcelona was the Ciutat Comtal (because of the Count) and residence of the Kings of the Aragon Crown.
We will start with the Plaça Catalunya, the authentic center of the city. It is here that the famous Ramblas start, where the details and curiosities of the medieval Barcelona appear everywhere.
We will visit the Font de Canaletas, the Boqueria Market, always very busy and full of colour, the Rambla de les Flors or the Teatre del Liceu. Going deeper into the urban setup we will discover the old Jewish Quarter, the Plaça de Sant Jaume, headquarters of the City Hall and of the Generalitat (Catalan Regional Government) Palace. We will continue on to the Plaça del Rei, where the remains of the Royal Palace can be found and to the Plaça de la Seu, which gives access to the Santa Eulàlia Cathedral.
We will visit the interior of the Cathedral, a gothic construction finished in the 19th Century. In its interior the relics of Santa Eulàlia are worshipped. But it also hides artistic treasures, such as the choir decorated with the coats of arms of the members of the Golden Fleece Order (Le Toison d’Or) or some altarpieces that decorate its chapels. In the cloister we will discover the reason for its geese.
- Licensed tourist guide authorized by Generalitat de Catalunya during all this tour
- The approximate duration of this tour is 3 hours.
- The order of the tour will depend on the meeting point where the tour starts, and will be conditioned also by the opening hours of the Cathedral.
- Transport: As the visit to the Barri Gòtic is on foot, we do not need transport. It will only be necessary for you to go to the starting point. Transport will not be included in our budget, except if you explicitly request it.
- Entrances included: visit to the interior of the Cathedral.
- The Cathedral does not permit guided visits in the interior on Saturday afternoons, Sundays and public holidays of a religious nature. The same limitation applies for other churches that you may find during the tour. Occasionally, they can also celebrate religious services which impede the touristic visit. In the case that your visit coincides with these days, we will adapt the route to this condition.
- Optional visits: If you wish to add any point of interest to this visit, you just have to tell us. We will adjust the duration to your needs and we will prepare a proposal in accordance with your requirements.
- Combinable with: Discovering Barcelona.