The Montserrat Mountain is one of those places that leaves nobody indifferent. Among its peaks there is the Benedictine monastery of Our Lady of Montserrat that hosts the most important Marian sanctuary in Catalonia
But Montserrat is much more than that.
To the more than 2 million pilgrims who annually visit the sanctuary, we must add the nature lovers, climbers, artists and all those Catalans that, almost in a ritual way, pay a visit to our patroness and protectress.
The route from Barcelona (approximately 1 hour) allows us to get close to the mountain and to admire its extraordinary landscape. Once in Montserrat, a brief walk allows us to discover some of the most important places, among which the basilica stands out,. We will also visit the “Museum de Montserrat”, one of the greatest private collections of modern Catalan art, some El Greco works or the famous “Sant Jeroni” of Caravaggio are also exhibited.
At 13.00 (to be confirmed at the moment of making the reservation), all the pilgrims that have arrived in Montserrat meet in the Basilica to attend the singing of the “Escolania“, a boys’ choir, between 8 and 13 years old, that participate in the religious services which are celebrated in honour of the Virgin.
After the singing (approximately 10 minutes) we will return to Barcelona.
- Licensed tourist guide authorized by Generalitat de Catalunya during all this tour.
- The approximate duration of this tour is 5 hours, (leaving and returning to Barcelona). From other points of origin, please consult us the timing.
- Transport: A private transport is required for this trip. If you do not have transport available, please consult us. We can put you in touch with other companies that offer vehicles with driver.
- Entrances included: We include in our proposal a visit to the Museum de Montserrat.
- Attending the singing of the Escolania (foreseen in our proposal) depends on the calendar provided by the Escolania itself. On Saturdays and durin the school holidays the choir does not sing.
- Optional visits: This tour can have an 8 hours duration. When the Escolania has finish and after a brief stop for lunch, if you like walking, we propose a walk along some of the paths which, starting from the sanctuary, go all over the mountain: the Camí a Sant Miquel, the Baixada a la Santa Cova (where the Virgin appeared), the ascent in funicular railway to Sant Joan, … Montserrat offers many options. Please consult us because we can propose different itineraries with low or medium difficulty, which adapt to your interests.
- Combinable with: “Discovering Barcelona“, “Sagrada Familia and Eixample“, “Sitges“, “Penedès“.