Today, the Sagrada Familia is, without any doubt, the most emblematic building in Barcelona. In the last 20 years, the works have advanced rapidly and we have been lucky to see, day after day, how Gaudí’s project has materialised. Let us to accompany you on a visit that will not leave you indifferent.
We will explain Gaudí’s project and how the difficulties, both economic and technical have delayed its construction for more than a century. But we will also explain how new technologies have managed to achieve the reality of Gaudí’s dream and that the interior of the Basilica leaves us so amazed, as if it were a veritable forest.
However, the Sagrada Familia should be understood in a historical, social and economical context which was very important for Barcelona: the “Industrial Revolution”. These were years in which the city changed completely, from the point of view of urban and human development.
This process completely changed the city and forced the creation of the new city, the “Eixample”, designed by the Engineer Ildefons Cerdà. Wandering around the Eixample and finish in the Passeig de Gràcia the main avenue where other masterpieces by there are, such as the Pedrera or the Casa Batlló.
- Licensed tourist guide authorized by Generalitat de Catalunya during all this tour
- The approximate durationof this tour is 3 hours.
- The order of the tour: We recommend you starting the tour at the Sagrada Família and later wander around the Eixample and finish in the Passeig de Gràcia. However, everything will also depend on the capacity available in the Sagrada Família at the moment of reservin the entrance tickets.
- Transport: It’s not necessary. We propose a walk of some 40 minutes around the Eixample, in addition to the visit to the interior of the Sagrada Familia. Transport will only be necessary, if you wish, for arriving at the starting point or from the finishing point. Consult us if you require transport and we will advise you on this.
- Entrances included: The tour includes the entrance ticket to the Sagrada Família skipping the line to gain access. This ticket includes visits to the Basilica, the Façades, the Museum and the Schools.
- Optional visits: There is the possibility of visiting one of the towers already built if weather conditions allow it. The climb is by elevator and has a cost that must be paid at the booking. He descent is on foot and it isn’t recommended for people with reduced mobility or vertigo. Children under 6 are not allowed. If you are interested in this option, please consult us.
- Combinable with: “Discovering Barcelona“, “From Paseo de Gracia to the Park Güell“.