A day with Salvador Dali
His work, his life, his world.
Figueres is a small town located 25 km from the French border and capital of the Alt Empordà shire. Its strategic location converted it into an important commercial center in the region, but without a doubt what has made it a famous city is the fact that Salvador Dalí was born there.
It was here that Dalí created his most surrealistic work, the Teatre – Museu Salvador Dalí; in the interior of the town’s old theatre, a museum that presents a part of his work, his life and his mind to bring us a little closer to this artist so well known for his paintings and for his unorthodox personality.
We will visit the Dalí Museum Theatre, where among other works we will see The Naval Carriage, The Hallucinogenic Bullfighter, The Treasure Room, The Mae-West Room. Through them, we will also know a part of his life, closely related to his work at all times.
But the life of Dalí cannot be understood without the presence of Gala, his wife, his muse, his manager… So we will complement the tour with the visit to the castle that Dalí gave to Gala in the center of Empordà. We will pass through a part of this emblematic plain, which offers a typically Mediterranean lanscape, entil we reach the small village of Púbol, a small hamlet where the fortifes country house is located.
- Licensed tourist guideauthorized by Generalitat de Catalunya during all this tour
- The approximate duration of this trip is 9 hours (leaving and returning to Barcelona). From other points of origin, please consult us the timing.
- The order of the tour is conditioned by the opening hours of the monuments.
- Transport: A private vehicle is necessary for the realization of this trip as we describe it. Ask us if you need we help you on that. We can put you into contact with some companies in the city who offer services of vehicles with driver.
- Entrances included: Dali’s Museum in Figueres and Castle Gala Dalí in Púbol.
- Optional visits: If you wish to take advantage of this trip and to visit Port Lligat or any other touristic point in the surroundings, don’t hesitate to explain us and we can prepare a special two-days trip for you.
- Meals are not included in the price of the excursion. Tell us what your preferences are and we will recommend a good restaurant in the area that suits them.