Measures for the containment of COVID-19 applicable from 9 May in Catalonia
How to get to Catalonia
- Travellers from the rest of the European Union (EU) and with justified reason can enter without quarantine requirements.
- In addition to EU countries, entry is permitted travellers from states associated with the Schengen area (Iceland, Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein and United Kingdom), Andorra, the Vatican, Monaco, San Marino, Australia, New Zealand, Rwanda, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Georgia and China.
Controls and requirements for entrance to the country
- Arrivals in Catalonia are possible through the international airports Josep Tarradellas Barcelona El Prat (all activities is concentrated in Terminal 1), Girona-Costa Brava and Reus, as well as by rail and road.
- It is also mandatory to present a PCR or TMA test for SARS-CoV-2 with a negative result (in English, French, German or Spanish) performed within 72 hours prior to the start of the trip for all those passengers arriving from countries considered a risk area.
- No more night confinement in Catalonia
- It is recommended that travel outside the home, as well as traffic on public roads, be limited as much as possible, respecting the individual and collective protection measures established by the competent authorities.
Museums, monuments, events and cultural sites
- Open until 11 pm, with 50% of the capacity and a maximum of 500 people, or 1,000 if the ventilation is reinforced. Also open museums, libraries and exhibition halls at 50% of the capacity.
- Open from 6:00 to 22:00
- Small shops, establishments and shopping centres open with a 30% of the capacity.
Congresses, conventions and fairs
- Congresses, conventions, fairs and similar activities by express authorization of the Procicat (Pla Territorial de Protecció Civil de Catalunya).
- Bars and restaurants are allowed to open and serve customers for indoor dining from 7.30am until 23pm.
- During breakfast and lunch services, the maximum occupancy is of 30% indoors and 100% outdoors in terraces.
- The minimum distance between tables must be 2 meters and no more than 4 people per table are allowed except in those cases where they are from the same coexistence bubble.
- The use of face masks is mandatory for everyone over 6 years old when outside on the street and outdoors as well as in any public space outdoors or indoors and while using public transportation.
- The use of face masks is not mandatory for those suffering any type of respiratory illness or difficulty that may be exacerbated by the use of such face mask.
- Extracurricular activities: allowed extracurricular, leisure and sports activities from kindergarten to high school and training cycles that take place inside or outside schools with a maximum of 6 people (except those that preserve the bubble group).
- Allowed trips and departures from the school with overnight stays as long as they do not break the bubble group.
You can consult these and other regulations in more detail at: