Medieval Girona seems to remain alive in the narrow streets and corners of its Old Quarter (Barri Vell), it has known how to recover and to show its heritage, closely linked to the presence of one of the most important Jewish communities of the Aragon Crown.
A pleasant walk through the old part of the city will allow us to know the layout of the Jewish district, the “Call“, and also the structure of its ancient walls in the Archaeological Walk, the gothic Cathedral, the Basilica of Sant Feliu… All of this framed by the river Onyar which separates this part of the city from the Eixample built in the 19th century after the sieges suffered by the city during the War of Independence.
- Licensed tourist guide authorized by Generalitat de Catalunya during all this tour.
- The approximate duration of the walking tour in Girona is 3 hours.
- The order of the tour is conditioned by the opening hours of the monuments.
- Transport: As the visit to the Old Quarter of Girona is on foot, we do not need transport. It will only be necessary for you to go to the starting point. Transport will not be included in our budget, except if you explicitly request it.
- Entrances included: Girona’s Cathedral and its museum, Basilica de Sant Feliu and “Banys Arabs”.
- Optional visits: If you wish to visit the interior of any other monument in the tour (Jewish Museum, Sant Pere de Galligans church, Art’s Museum of Girona, etc), consult us and we will adapt the tour to your requirements.
- If the guide comes with you from Barcelona, he also will introduced to you what’s between these two cities. Consult us if you are interested in this.
- There’s the possibility to reach Girona by AVE (High Speed Train) from Barcelona.
- Combinable with: You can transform this walking tour in Girona into a full day trip adding the visit of the Dalí Museum in Figueres. Or if you prefer you can combine it with a half-day trip into the Costa Brava or with the visit of one of the typical village in the area.